Thursday, September 6, 2007

Why I should stay in School

I have been debating whether or not to continue going to college. Some days I feel like I want to quit and just go find a job. After much consideration, I have decided to stay in college. I know that I will not likely find a good job that I will want to work at for years. I do know that I love kids and college is a sacrifice now with a big payoff later. Teachers have wonderful benefits such as health insurance and dental insurance. Plus, teachers get all of the good holidays off and they get summers off. This will be great for me because I have a five year old son and when I get a teaching job we will both be off at the same time. I am glad I have decided to stick with it. I only have 2 1/2 years, which seems like a long time now but I know it will go by fast.

No comments: